To access this trial on and off campus, go to The Statesman’s Yearbook Online.
Trial ends Monday, August 31.
We welcome your input as to whether or not we acquire this resource. To leave feedback, please fill out this short survey.
The Statesman’s Yearbook Online was ranked by Library Journal as one of the top 20 best reference resources of the millennium. After 145 years in print, the Yearbook Online offers a political, historical, economic, and social account of every country in the world together with facts and analysis. The Statesman’s Yearbook Online is a first point of reference for anyone needing reliable, concise information on any country in the world. Patrons have access to the current edition of The Statesman’s Yearbook as well as the archived editions, which have been published since 1864.
The Statesman’s Yearbook celebrates its 150th anniversary edition! Visit the special anniversary page to find out how this valuable resource has kept generations informed throughout the years.
Key Components of the Database:
- Includes detailed information of 193 countries, including maps and over 1,900 links to key websites
- Access to current material (2005-2015)
- Complimentary access only to the complete archive (1864-2004), as searchable PDFs
- Provides a chronology of events and a chronology of the global ‘credit crunch’ from April 2007 – 2009
- Provides information on international organizations
- Provides bibliographic profiles of all current leaders
- Coverage of political history and economic performance
- Offers key word searching and a dropdown list of countries
- Updated regularly throughout the year (print edition published every August)
- Comparison Tool which allows for side-by-side search comparisons in any field