To access this trial on and off campus, go to 1science oaFnder. Enter the following:
Trial ends Monday, November 30, 2015.
We welcome your input as to whether or not we acquire this resource. To leave feedback, please fill out this short survey.
oaFindr is for those institutions experiencing one or more of the following:
- Institutions experiencing flat or reduced budgets and being forced to cut subscriptions.
- Institutions that tried to increase the use of OA before but were not content with great variability of accessibility and quality.
- Institutions that want a carefully designed solution that facilitate the use of the more than 50% of the papers published in peer-reviewed journals that are available in open access.
- Institutions that feel they are spending too much time and money verifying whether open access papers are available before ordering through Inter Library Loans
- Institutions that are conscientious of how precious faculty’s and students’ time is and want to provide swift access to multiple peer-reviewed articles with just one click.
- Institutions looking to expand their holdings when they can no longer afford to subscribe to thousands and thousands of journals.
> How much time are your students and faculty spending searching for peer-reviewed articles that are mixed in with irrelevant content?
> How much time and money is your ILL librarian spending trying to retrieve articles for your researchers?
> How difficult is it for your faculty and students to download the papers they want with a single click of a button?
> When making journal cuts how much information is being lost to your users?
Open access articles are scattered across the Internet, they are not easily found and they are not always papers that underwent quality control as part of the scholarly publication process. There is no easy way to search across hundreds and thousands of websites across all disciplines, including arts, humanities, and the sciences. 1science oaFindr can support you in your commitment to providing your students and faculty with exhaustive access to open, high-quality research results published in peer-reviewed journals.
1science has developed a sophisticated harvesting technology that searches across the Internet and finds scholarly and research papers as long as they are available in open access, whether it be gold and hybrid OA or green OA. The user interface was designed with the faculty and students in mind and provides them with the ability to get what they want, consistently, with just one click.
Now there is an easy way to search for high-quality, open access, peer-reviewed scholarly literature with the availability of oaFindr.